Check out my Twitter feed (@bostonfreefilms) for any updates.
* Tufts Film Series screens "Hugo" this afternoon and "Gladiator" and a film TBA next weekend. Check tuftsfilmseries.com for updates about Wednesday.
* Today, Wellesley Cinephile Film Series continues with "L'Argent".
* The BPL Copley Square Monday Night Film Series continues with the theme "Boston Scenery". This week's film is "Pink Panther 2".
* The BPL Connolly will host JP Reads screening of "Big Fish" on Monday night.
* The JP Forum will screen "We're Not Broke" on Monday. RSVP requested.
* The BPL South Boston Lugosi Film Series statrts with "The Black Cat" on Tuesday afternoon.
* The BU Ibero-American Film Festival begins on Tuesday with "Love and Other Demons", "Postcards from Leningrad" on Thursday and "Chinese Take-Away" on Friday.
* Harvard will screen "Ante la Ley" with the filmmakers on Tuesday.
* MIT will show "Waste Land" with the film subject on Tuesday. Ticket required.
* The Goethe-Institut Boston will screen "Berlin Is in Germany" on Tuesday night.
* The BPL Honan-Allston Midday Movie on Wednesday is "Truly Madly Deeply".
* The Brookline Putterham Branch Midday Movies screening on Wednesday is "Beetlejuice".
* BPL West End Italian Heritage Month Film Series begins on Wednesday with " La Doppia Ora/The Double Hour".
* MIT will show "Switch" on Wednesday.
* Harvard will screen "Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry" with the director on Wednesday.
* The Lucy Parsons Center Radical Film Night continues on Wednesday with "Precious Knowledge".
* On Wednesday, Watertown Library will show "Our Mockingbird" with the filmmaker.
* Harvard Film Archives VES screenings continue on Wednesday with "Man with a Movie Camera".
* Harvard Extension School Journalism Movie Series continues with "All the President’s Men" on Wednesday.
* The Coolidge Corner Library Senior Cinema series continues on Thursday afternoon with "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington".
* On Thursday, Harvard will screen "Saving Face".
* MIT Urban Planning Film Series continues on Thursday with "The City Dark".
* MIT will show "Love Free or Die" with the director on Thursday night.
* The UMass-Boston Film Series continues on Thursday with "Detropia" with the filmmakers.
* Brandeis will show "See You Again Soon" with the director present on Thursday.
* Also on Thursday night at Brandeis, "Jai Bhim Comrade" will be shown by the filmmaker. The movie and filmmaker move to Harvard for Friday afternoon.
* The BPL South End Noir Film Series continues with "Out of the Past" on Friday afternoon.
* The West End Museum will screen the Italian film "Swept Away" on Friday. RSVP requested.
* Harvard will show Southeast Asian short films on Saturday afternoon.
ON TWITTER @ http://twitter.com/BostonFreeFilms
NOTE: If you are copying this list, please give a little credit to the source.
This is a partial listing. See the complete calendar online. There are two ways to access it:
* Directly through the link HERE
* Add the calendar through Google Calendar. Search for Joe's BFF -- Boston Free Films (any phrase should find it) and you can incorporate it with your own calendar.
Here are the highlights of free films for the next week from the Boston area. Please let me know of changes, additions and new sources of films. I am always looking for new free cinema.
Check for last minute changes or contact the organizers to make sure events are still happening.
For directions, try these sites:
MIT: Campus Map
Harvard: Campus Map
Tufts: Campus Map
BU: Campus Map
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/BostonFreeFilms