Get out and find something you like.
Check out my Twitter feed (@bostonfreefilms) for any updates.
* Tufts Film Series screens "The Usual Suspects" this afternoon and "The Hunger Games" and "Willy Wonka" next weekend. Check tuftsfilmseries.com for updates about Wednesday.
* During Fenway Opening Our Doors Day on Monday, the MFA will be showing short films and the Shattuck Visitor Center will show a film on the history of the area.
* The Cafe at the Somerville Armory of the Arts will show episodes of "Charmed" on Monday night.
* The BPL South Boston Lugosi Film Series continues with "Black Friday" on Tuesday afternoon.
* Harvard will host a screening of "Audre Lorde: The Berlin Years" with the director and a book event.
* The Boston Palestine Film Festival will hold free screenings at Harvard Law School. Movies are "Palestine in the South" and "Enemy Alien" on Tuesday and "Roadmap to Apartheid" (+ filmmaker) on Wednesday.
* The BU Ibero-American Film Festival continues on Tuesday with "With my Heart in Yambo", "Chico & Rita" on Thursday and "Embargo" on Friday.
* Harvard will screen "Ante la Ley" with the filmmakers on Tuesday.
* BU will screen "Peepli Live" on Tuesday.
* The TIE Annual Experimental Filmmakers Show is Tuesday night at the Paramount Center. Registration required.
* The BPL Honan-Allston Midday Movie on Wednesday is "Portrait of Jennie".
* The Brookline Putterham Branch Midday Movies screening on Wednesday is "Nightmare Before Christmas".
* BPL West End Italian Heritage Month Film Series continues on Wednesday with "Habemus Papam/We Have a Pope".
* MIT Urban Planning Film Series continues on Wednesday with "Land of Opportunity".
* The West End Museum will show "The Tiger and the Snow" on Wednesday. RSVP requested.
* The Lucy Parsons Center Radical Film Night continues on Wednesday with "The Chicago Conspiracy".
* Harvard Film Archives VES screenings continue on Wednesday with "October".
* The Coolidge Corner Library Senior Cinema series continues on Thursday afternoon with "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington".
* On Thursday, Harvard will screen "Saving Face".
* BPL Jamaica Plain hosts JP Reads on Thursday with "Jumbo".
* Harvard will screen "La Brújula La Lleva el Muerto" on Thursday.
* Harvard will show "War on Kids" with the director on hand Thursday.
* Harvard Law will screen "Doctors of the Dark Side" with a film subject on Thursday.
* The BPL South End Noir Film Series continues with "Great St. Louis Bank Robber" on Friday afternoon.
* The German International School of Boston will screen the German version of "Puss in Boots" on Friday afternoon.
* BU Cinematheque continues on Friday night with "The Sun Don’t Shine" plus the filmmaker.
* Harvard will show "So Sorry" on Friday night.
* MIT LSC will screen "Lars and the Real Girl" twice on Friday night.
* On Saturday, Harvard will show "Brooklyn Castle" with the filmmakers & film subject on hand. RSVP requested.
* Next Sunday, Wellesley's Cinephile Sundays continue with "The Sacrifice".
* Next Sunday night, the Somerville Armory will hold Not So Silent Sundays featuring the films of George Méliès.
ON TWITTER @ http://twitter.com/BostonFreeFilms
NOTE: If you are copying this list, please give a little credit to the source.
This is a partial listing. See the complete calendar online. There are two ways to access it:
* Directly through the link HERE
* Add the calendar through Google Calendar. Search for Joe's BFF -- Boston Free Films (any phrase should find it) and you can incorporate it with your own calendar.
Here are the highlights of free films for the next week from the Boston area. Please let me know of changes, additions and new sources of films. I am always looking for new free cinema.
Check for last minute changes or contact the organizers to make sure events are still happening.
For directions, try these sites:
MIT: Campus Map
Harvard: Campus Map
Tufts: Campus Map
BU: Campus Map
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/BostonFreeFilms