Go forth and enjoy free film.
Check out my Twitter feed (@bostonfreefilms) for any updates.
* Tufts Film Series screens "Moonrise Kingdom" this evening and "Dark Shadows" and "Ringu" next weekend. Check tuftsfilmseries.com Wednesday or Thursday for updates.
* Tonight, Tufts French Film Experience begins its season with "Welcome".
* Tonight, Northeastern will host a screening of "Shift Changes" with the filmmakers.
* BU Asia Film Week starts Monday with a reception and symposium, followed by films through the week from Japan, Korea, Taiwan, India Bangladesh and China.
* The BPL Copley Square Monday Night Film Series continues with "Patton".
* The Cafe at the Somerville Armory of the Arts will show episodes of "Charmed" on Monday night.
* The BPL South Boston Lugosi Film Series continues with "Murders in the Rue Morgue" on Tuesday afternoon.
* On Monday afternoon, the UMass Boston New England Italian Film Festival continues with "Lettere dal sahara". "Maestro degli errori" will be screened on Wednesday and "Generazione 1000 euro" on Thursday.
* The BU Ibero-American Film Festival continues on Tuesday with "O Liberdade", "Love and Beans" on Thursday and "Anna´s Struggle" on Friday.
* The Paramount Center will show "Raw Material" on Tuesday night. RSVP required.
* Harvard Film Archive VES screenings continue on Tuesday with "Nine Variations on a Dance Theme" and "The Red Shoes".
* The BPL Honan-Allston Midday Movie on Wednesday is "Ghost".
* The Brookline Putterham Branch Midday Movies screening on Wednesday is "Big Fish".
* BPL West End Italian Heritage Month Film Series continues on Wednesday with "Pranzo di Ferragosto".
* MIT MISTI Foreign Film Series shows "Footnote" on Wednesday.
* On Wednesday, MIT will screen "Manufactured Landscapes".
* Tufts will screen "The Apple Pushers" on Wednesday.
* Harvard Kennedy will screen "Follow the Leader: Politics Isn't Just Child's Play" on Wednesday.
* The BU Iraq+10 Film Series will show "The Night Baghdad Fell" on Wednesday. RSVP requested.
* The Winchester Library will screen "Rex Trailer's Boomtown" on Wednesday with Rex Trailer himself on hand.
* The Lucy Parsons Center Radical Film Night continues on Wednesday with "Education Under Fire" (short film).
* Tufts will host "Shift Change" on Wednesday night with the filmmakers present.
* Harvard picks up their portion of the New England Italian Film Festival on Wednesday with "Una sconfinata giovinezza".
* The Coolidge Corner Library Senior Cinema series continues on Thursday afternoon with "The Candidate".
* The BPL Copley Square Never Too Late Group will screen "The Innocents" on Thursday.
* The Boston Bar Association will show "Baseball in the Time of Cholera" with one of the film subjects on Thursday. RSVP required.
* BPL South Boston Creeps Film Series continues on Thursday with "The Phantom of the Opera".
* BPL Copley Square will show "BPL Copley Sq: The Conservation of Matter: The Rise and Fall of Boston's Elevated" with the filmmaker on Thursday.
* On Thursday, Harvard Kennedy School will show "Where Do We Go Now?".
* Harvard Kennedy School will show "Bahrain - Shouting in the Dark" with Bahrainian activists on Friday afternoon.
* The BPL South End Noir Film Series continues with "Double Indemnity" on Friday afternoon.
* On Friday, BU's Cinematheque has invited experimental filmmaker JJ Murphy to show some of his work.
* Harvard will screen "Stilyagi" on Friday night.
* The West End Museum shows "Suspiria" on Friday night. RSVP requested.
* The Scandinavian Living Center will screen "Let the Right One In" on Saturday afternoon.
* The Harvard Film Archive will show "Little Zizou" on Saturday with the director present.
* Wellesley Cinephile Sundays continue with "Distant".
ON TWITTER @ http://twitter.com/BostonFreeFilms
NOTE: If you are copying this list, please give a little credit to the source.
This is a partial listing. See the complete calendar online. There are two ways to access it:
* Directly through the link HERE
* Add the calendar through Google Calendar. Search for Joe's BFF -- Boston Free Films (any phrase should find it) and you can incorporate it with your own calendar.
Here are the highlights of free films for the next week from the Boston area. Please let me know of changes, additions and new sources of films. I am always looking for new free cinema.
Check for last minute changes or contact the organizers to make sure events are still happening.
For directions, try these sites:
MIT: Campus Map
Harvard: Campus Map
Tufts: Campus Map
BU: Campus Map
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/BostonFreeFilms