In other Halloween offerings, Monday night brings us New England Conservatory's annual combination of film and live music. This year, expect Marlon Brando clips.
And in the category of off-beat film offerings, check out the Internet Cat Video Festival playing (outdoors!) at UMass Boston on Tuesday. I'm betting that Hurricane Sandy has a say in that event.
Lots of other goodies, (mostly) non-Halloween related with plenty of filmmaker events (I count at least seven).
Pay close attention to the calendar -- always plenty of last minute treats.
Check out my Twitter feed (@bostonfreefilms) for any updates.
* Tufts Film Series screens "Dark Shadows" this evening and "The Iron Giant" and "The Incredibles" next weekend. Check tuftsfilmseries.com Wednesday or Thursday for updates.
* Wellesley Cinephile Sundays continue today with "Distant".
* Tonight, Harvard will screen "The Age of Delirium" with the filmmaker present.
* On Monday, the West End Museum will screen a taped version of "Tosca". RSVP requested.
* Boston College will show "Niños de la Memoria (Children of Memory)" on Monday with the filmmaker.
* On Monday, New England Conservatory holds their annual Halloween film/music event with Marlon Brando film clips and live music.
* The BPL South Boston Lugosi Film Series continues with "The Wolf Man" on Tuesday afternoon.
* The BU Ibero-American Film Festival concludes on Tuesday with "Holy Cow".
* The UMass Boston Internet Cat Video Festival will screen outdoors on Tuesday night.
* MIT will screen "The Nine Muses" on Tuesday with the filmmakers on hand.
* The BPL Honan-Allston Midday Movie on Wednesday is "Corpse Bride".
* The Brookline Putterham Branch Midday Movies screening on Wednesday is "Sweeney Todd".
* BPL West End Italian Heritage Month Film Series continues on Wednesday with "Gianni e le donne/The Salt of Life".
* The BPL North End will screen "Bird With the Crystal Plumage" on Wednesday.
* On Halloween, Northeastern hosts a special event to honor the centenary of Dracula -- a lecture followed by simultaneous screenings of "Nosferatu", "Shadow of the Vampire" and "Bram Stoker’s Dracula". Costumes encouraged.
* The New England Italian Film Festival continues at Harvard on Wednesday with "La passione (The Passion)".
* The Harvard Journalism Film Series continues on Wednesday with "Veronica Guerin".
* The Lucy Parsons Center Radical Film Night continues on Wednesday with "28 Days Later".
* The Coolidge Corner Library Senior Cinema series continues on Thursday afternoon with "A Trip to Bountiful".
* BPL South Boston Barbara Stanwyck Film Series begins on Thursday with "Night Nurse".
* Harvard will host a screening of "Robatierra" with the filmmaker on hand Thursday.
* On Thursday, UMass Boston Film Series continues with "Poster Girl" and the filmmaker present.
* Emerson will host Connecting Sound & Picture on Thursday with 3 short films and the filmmakers.
* Harvard Film Archive will screen "Un Lac" on Thursday with the filmmaker on hand.
* MIT will host a preview screening of "A Late Quartet" on Thursday night. MIT community will have seating preference.
* The BPL South End Noir Film Series continues with "Angel Face" on Friday afternoon.
* The German International School of Boston will show "The Wishing Table" on Friday.
* On Friday, BU's Cinematheque will screen "The Dish & the Spoon" with the filmmaker on hand.
* Emerson's Paramount Center will host free screenings of "Hugo" and "The Artist" on Friday night and Saturday afternoon. They will show "Hugo" on Sunday afternoon as well.
* Next Sunday's BPL Copley Square Family Movie is "Puss in Boots".
* The Regent Theatre in Arlington will host a screening of "Gen Silent" next Sunday.
* Wellesley College's Photogs on Film Series continues next Sunday with "Vertigo".
ON TWITTER @ http://twitter.com/BostonFreeFilms
NOTE: If you are copying this list, please give a little credit to the source.
This is a partial listing. See the complete calendar online. There are two ways to access it:
* Directly through the link HERE
* Add the calendar through Google Calendar. Search for Joe's BFF -- Boston Free Films (any phrase should find it) and you can incorporate it with your own calendar.
Here are the highlights of free films for the next week from the Boston area. Please let me know of changes, additions and new sources of films. I am always looking for new free cinema.
Check for last minute changes or contact the organizers to make sure events are still happening.
For directions, try these sites:
MIT: Campus Map
Harvard: Campus Map
Tufts: Campus Map
BU: Campus Map
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/BostonFreeFilms