This is still a pretty good week with a variety of film opportunities. Check out next weekend's Boston Anarchist Film Festival for a taste of something different.
LATE ADDITION: BU Tournees Film Festival will screen "Romantics anonymous" on Wednesday and "A Cat in Paris" on Friday. For some reason, they didn't post onto the BU main calendar. Fortunately, I caught their Facebook page.
Check out my Twitter feed (@bostonfreefilms) for any updates.
* Tufts Film Series screens "The Iron Giant" this evening and "District 9" and "Prometheus" next weekend. Check tuftsfilmseries.com Wednesday or Thursday for updates.
* Emerson's Paramount Center will host a free screening of "Hugo" this afternoon.
* Today's BPL Copley Square Family Movie is "Puss in Boots".
* The Regent Theatre in Arlington will be screening "Gen Silent" this afternoon.
* Wellesley College's Photogs on Film Series continues today with "Vertigo".
* The Tufts Italian Film Series will be showing "My Brother-in-Law" this afternoon.
* Tonight at midnight, Tufts Film Series will screen "V for Vendetta".
* The BPL Copley Square Monday Night Film Series continues with "Tuskegee Airmen".
* MIT will screen "The Suffering Grasses" on Monday night.
* Harvard will show "Johnny Guitar" on Monday night.
* The BPL South Boston Jack Lemmon Film Series starts up with "The Days of Wine & Roses " on Tuesday afternoon.
* The Harvard Film Archive VES screenings continue on Tuesday with "The Conversation" and two shorter films.
* The BPL Honan-Allston Midday Movie on Wednesday is "Eve's Bayou".
* The Brookline Putterham Branch Midday Movies screening on Wednesday is "Sweeney Todd".
* BC Law will screen "Tony and Janina’s American Wedding" on Wednesday.
* The Radcliffe Movie Night at the Schlesinger Library will show "Vagabond" on Wednesday.
* Fenway Health will screen "Calling My Children" with the filmmaker on Wednesday.
* The BU Iraq+10 Film Series will show "Forget Baghdad: Jews and Arabs – The Iraqi Connection" on Wednesday. RSVP requested.
* The Lucy Parsons Center Radical Film Night continues on Wednesday with "Crips and Bloods Made In America".
* The Coolidge Corner Library Senior Cinema series continues on Thursday afternoon with "People Like Us".
* Harvard Divinity School will screen "Datong: The Great Society" on Thursday with the filmmakers on hand.
* BPL South Boston Barbara Stanwyck Film Series continues on Thursday with "Baby Face".
* Harvard Film Archive will screen "The Law In These Parts" on Thursday.
* Brandeis will screen "Cairo Station" on Thursday night.
* Emerson will host the Black Maria Film Festival shorts screening at the Paramount Center on Thursday night.
* The BPL South End Noir Film Series continues with "Narrow Margin" on Friday afternoon.
* MIT will screen "The PhD Movie" on Friday afternoon.
* On Friday, BU's Cinematheque will screen "Beijing Bicycle" with the filmmaker on hand.
* The Boston Anarchist Film Festival returns to Simmons on Saturday and Sunday.
* Wellesley Cinephile Sundays continue next week with "Stalker".
ON TWITTER @ http://twitter.com/BostonFreeFilms
NOTE: If you are copying this list, please give a little credit to the source.
This is a partial listing. See the complete calendar online. There are two ways to access it:
* Directly through the link HERE
* Add the calendar through Google Calendar. Search for Joe's BFF -- Boston Free Films (any phrase should find it) and you can incorporate it with your own calendar.
Here are the highlights of free films for the next week from the Boston area. Please let me know of changes, additions and new sources of films. I am always looking for new free cinema.
Check for last minute changes or contact the organizers to make sure events are still happening.
For directions, try these sites:
MIT: Campus Map
Harvard: Campus Map
Tufts: Campus Map
BU: Campus Map
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/BostonFreeFilms