Find something you like.
Check out my Twitter feed (@bostonfreefilms) for any updates.
This week's highlights:
* Tufts Film Series returns next weekend with "Brave" and "Braveheart".
* BU will host a screening of "Gun Hill Road" on Monday afternoon with the director present.
* The BPL Copley Square Monday Night Film Series continues with "Paradise Road".
* Harvard Law will screen "The Island President" on Monday night.
* Tuesday midday, J.J. Abrams will be at MIT to speak.
* The BPL South Boston Jack Lemmon Film Series continues with "Grumpy Old Men" on Tuesday afternoon.
* Harvard Film Archive VES screenings continue on Tuesday with short films.
* The Emerson Bright Lights Film Series will screen "Beeswax" on Tuesday with the filmmaker on hand.
* The BPL Honan-Allston Midday Movie on Wednesday is "Pride and Glory".
* The Brookline Putterham Wednesday Midday Movie is "One for the Money".
* The BPL West End will screen "Thor" on Wednesday afternoon.
* MIT will screen "Quarter Number 4/11" on Wednesday with the filmmaker present. The film and director move to Harvard on Thursday.
* On Wednesday, Brandeis will screen "Killing Kasztner" with the filmmaker on hand.
* BU will screen "Electoral Dysfunction" on Wednesday.
* BPL North End will show "Scoop" on Wednesday evening.
* The Revere Hotel will host a Wednesday showing of "Not My Life" followed by a panel discussion. RSVP required.
* Berklee will screen "From the Back of the Room" on Wednesday.
* The BU Iraq+10 Film Series will show "Turtles Can Fly" on Wednesday. RSVP requested.
* Harvard Film Archive VES screening on Wednesday is "Wings of Desire".
* The Lucy Parsons Center Radical Film Night on Wednesday is " Blame It On Fidel".
* BC will host a showing of "Niños de la Memoria" with the filmmaker on Wednesday.
* Harvard Journalism Film Series finale will show "The Paper" followed by a discussion with a staffer from "The Washington Post".
* Thursday afternoon's Coolidge Corner Library Senior Cinema will show "Dan in Real Life".
* Harvard Film Archive will host a lecture on Thursday on Adorno and Beyond: Philosophy on Television.
* The BPL South Boston Barbara Stanwyck Film Series continues on Thursday with "No Man of Her Own".
* Tufts Fletcher School will screen "The War Around Us" on Thursday.
* The Harvard Kennedy School Middle East Film Series continues on Thursday with "Footnote".
* MIT Urban Planning Film Series continues with "Street Fight" on Thursday.
* Tufts Layali Middle East Film Series wraps up on Thursday with "Monsieur Lazhar".
* On Thursday, Paramount Center will host a screening of "Cape Spin: An American Power Struggle" with the director. RSVP required.
* The UMass Boston Film Series finale on Thursday is "Code of the West" with the filmmaker present.
* The Harvard Kennedy School will screen "Putting Ourselves in Their Shoes: The Dialogue Table of Tintaya" at noon on Friday.
* The BPL South End Noir Film Series continues with "Sudden Fear" on Friday afternoon.
* BU will screen "Soldiers of Salamis" on Friday.
* BU Medical will screen "Escape Fire: The Fight to Rescue American Healthcare" on Friday. RSVP requested.
* BU Cinematheque continues on Friday with "Swoon" and the filmmaker.
* The Somerville Library Film Series continues on Saturday with "Platoon" and live musical accompaniment.
* The MFA will screen "All the Way Through Evening" on Saturday with a film subject and a performance.
* Wellesley Cinephile Sundays continues next week with "Russian Ark".
ON TWITTER @ http://twitter.com/BostonFreeFilms
NOTE: If you are copying this list, please give a little credit to the source.
This is a partial listing. See the complete calendar online. There are two ways to access it:
* Directly through the link HERE
* Add the calendar through Google Calendar. Search for Joe's BFF -- Boston Free Films (any phrase should find it) and you can incorporate it with your own calendar.
Here are the highlights of free films for the next week from the Boston area. Please let me know of changes, additions and new sources of films. I am always looking for new free cinema.
Check for last minute changes or contact the organizers to make sure events are still happening.
For directions, try these sites:
MIT: Campus Map
Harvard: Campus Map
Tufts: Campus Map
BU: Campus Map
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/BostonFreeFilms