This week has options, but those will be disappearing soon. Hurry before you miss them.
Check out my Twitter feed (@bostonfreefilms) for any updates.
This week's highlights:
* Tufts Film Series shows "Brave" tonight and finishes their season with "The Muppet Movie" and "A Muppets Christmas" next weekend.
* Today's BPL Copley Square Family Movie is "Kung Fu Panda 2".
* Wellesley Cinephile Sundays continues this afternoon with "Russian Ark".
* Harvard Law will host a Monday afternoon discussion with members of the cast of "The Wire". RSVP requested. (How many times are they getting these folks together at HLS?)
* The BPL Copley Square Monday Night Film Series continues with "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation".
* The Paramount Center will screen "Where Are You Taking Me?" with the director on Monday.
* Monday night, the Goethe-Institut Boston will screen "Honor" with the director on hand.
* The BPL South Boston Man of Menace Film Series kicks off with "Dillinger" on Tuesday afternoon.
* The Harvard Kennedy School Middle East Film Series continues on Tuesday with "Footnote". (Rescheduled because of last week's power outage).
* Harvard Film Archive VES screenings wrap up the semester on Tuesday with "Blunden Harbour" and "Of Time and the City".
* The Paramount Center will screen "Kinyarwanda" on Tuesday. RSVP required.
* On Tuesday, Fenway Health will show "How to Survive a Plague", preceded by a reception.
* Tufts will screen "American Drug War 2" with the director on Tuesday.
* The Brookline Putterham Wednesday Midday Movie is "50/50".
* The BPL West End will screen "Captain America: The First Avenger" on Wednesday afternoon.
* Harvard/Radcliffe Schlesinger Library Movie Night on Wednesday will screen "Girl Rock!"
* On Wednesday, Brandeis will screen "Baseball in the Time of Cholera".
* The Lucy Parsons Center Radical Film Night on Wednesday is "Slingshot Hip Hop".
* Thursday afternoon's Coolidge Corner Library Senior Cinema will show "Moonrise Kingdom".
* Harvard Law will screen "City of God" on Thursday followed by a debate.
* The BPL South Boston Dangerous to Know Film Series begins on Thursday with "Sadie McKee".
* MIT Urban Planning Film Series continues with "The Pruitt-Igoe Myth" on Thursday.
* BU Cinematheque wraps up the semester on Friday with a preview screening of "On the Road" and an industry alumnus to discuss the film/industry.
* The Scandinavian Library in Newton will screen "Niko the Flying Reindeer" on Saturday afternoon.
* The Goethe-Institut Boston will screen "Mother Hulda" next Sunday morning.
* The Wellesley Photogs on Film Series will show "The Searchers" next Sunday afternoon.
ON TWITTER @ http://twitter.com/BostonFreeFilms
NOTE: If you are copying this list, please give a little credit to the source.
This is a partial listing. See the complete calendar online. There are two ways to access it:
* Directly through the link HERE
* Add the calendar through Google Calendar. Search for Joe's BFF -- Boston Free Films (any phrase should find it) and you can incorporate it with your own calendar.
Here are the highlights of free films for the next week from the Boston area. Please let me know of changes, additions and new sources of films. I am always looking for new free cinema.
Check for last minute changes or contact the organizers to make sure events are still happening.
For directions, try these sites:
MIT: Campus Map
Harvard: Campus Map
Tufts: Campus Map
BU: Campus Map
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/BostonFreeFilms